Terms and conditions
Terms & Conditions
Use of this website is permitted by ContinYou according to the following terms. You must read these terms and make sure that you understand everything in them before using the websites. If there is anything in these terms which you do not understand, then please contact us by using the e-mail address below before using the websites. By using the site you agree to these terms, which may change without notice.
This website is the property of ContinYou and is protected by Copyright ©, ContinYou 2009. This site is for personal, non-commercial use only and copying, downloading, and printing of content is permitted for this purpose only. To use the content for any other purpose you must contact ContinYou in writing.
This website is intended purely as an information resource and provides no warranty as to the accuracy and currency of content. ContinYou accepts no legal responsibility for the consequences of anyone relying on the information contained within this website. Any views or opinions presented in case studies and materials supplied by people not employed by ContinYou are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ContinYou.
By entering this website you agree to use it at your own risk. Content, products and prices may change at any time, without notice.
Although this website may provide links to external websites, ContinYou does not guarantee the accuracy of information provided. By using these links you are leaving ContinYou's website and ContinYou has no control over the content or functionality of the site. Included only as a potential resource, ContinYou cannot be held responsible for the privacy of your data or any other consequences of using these external sites.
You may be able to access our site via links from other sites. ContinYou does not necessarily endorse their work and views.
We will use your email address only to respond to a query from you, or if you have registered for a service or indicated interest in receiving updates.
At times you may be asked to provide personal information, for example for network subscription and publication purchase. We are bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that this data:
- will be held securely
- will only be used for expressed purposes
- will never be supplied to anyone outside of ContinYou without first obtaining your consent.
When using e-commerce parts of the site, you will be asked for your bank account details. This information is requested from a secure payment processing system service.
ContinYou logs information detailing usage of our website. These logs contain no personal information, only information about the way you use our site. The information is used only as a means to improve our website.
Users aged 18 or under
Before providing personal information to ContinYou, users aged 18 or under must seek permission from their parent or guardian.
4. Acceptance of Terms
The Websites may provide communication tools such as email, instant messaging, bulletin boards, chat areas, news groups, classifieds, forums and/or other message or communication facilities (“the Services”) designed to enable you to communicate with others. Unless stated otherwise the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use only. Your access to and use of www.continyou.org.uk or www.learning-exchange.org.uk (“the Websites”) and the Services outlined, are subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions.
You will not use the Websites/Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website/Services you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website/Services.
ContinYou reserves the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Website/Services following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is therefore your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
5. Acceptable Uses
You acknowledge that all information, text, graphics, logos, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations and other materials ("the Content"), whether posted publicly or transmitted privately, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. ContinYou does not control or endorse the Content and cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content and you acknowledge that by using the Services you may be exposed to content that is offensive and/or indecent. ContinYou will not be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of any Content transmitted via the Services and you agree to bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such Content.
In using the Website/Services you agree not to:
- Use the Services to send junk email, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise.
- Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing or unlawful.
- Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality, gender or otherwise. Threaten abuse, disrupt, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Use the Website/Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website/Services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website/Services.
- Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or confidential information disclosed in the course of employment or under a confidentiality agreement)
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website/Services through hacking, password mining or similar.
- Use any information or material in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary right of any party.
- Make available or upload files that contain a virus, worm, trojan or corrupt data that may damage the operation of the computer or property of another.
- Collect or store personal information about others, including email addresses.
- Advertise or offer to buy or sell goods or services for any commercial purpose, unless such communication facility specifically allows such messages.
- Impersonate any person or entity for the purpose of misleading others.
ContinYou has no obligation to monitor the Services but shall be entitled to review materials posted to a communications facility and, at its sole discretion, to remove any material that breaches these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable.
- You are not allowed to upload or share materials on the website that you have not created yourself or do not have written permission of the copyright holder to reproduce. This also includes photos where permission must be gained from those appearing in them. Where the subjects are children, parental consent must be obtained before they can be published.
6. User Account, Password and Security
You will be required to complete the registration process by providing certain information and registering a username and password for use with the Services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and also for all activities that take place under your account.
You agree to immediately notify ContinYou of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security. In no event will the company be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of your username and/or password. You may not use another person’s account at any time, without the express permission of the account holder.
ContinYou has the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Services at any time, without notice, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of these Terms and Conditions. ContinYou may also at any time, at its sole discretion, discontinue the Website/Services or any part thereof without prior notice and you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Website/Services.
You agree to indemnify and hold ContinYou and its employees and agents harmless from and against any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and any claim or demand brought against the company by any third party arising out of your use of the Services and/or any Content submitted, posted or transmitted through the Services, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by ContinYou in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
10. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Please contact the Web Editor at email@example.com if you have any queries regarding our terms and conditions.